Friday, November 19, 2004

Top Five Songs About War

5. Who’ll Stop the Rain, CCR
4. A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall, Bob Dylan
3. The Final Cut [entire album], Pink Floyd
2. War, Edwin Starr
1. Born in the U.S.A., Bruce Springsteen

Honorable Mention: Life During Wartime by The Talking Heads, Sympathy for the Devil by The Rolling Stones, Masters of War by Bob Dylan, My Father’s Gun by Elton John, Goodnight Saigon by Billy Joel, Political Science by Randy Newman, and The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down by The Band

3 comments:

KHBirdman said...

I know you'll hate this one but:

"The War Song" by Culture Club

Anonymous said...

In no particular order:
Feel Like I'm Fixin' to Die, Country Joe and the Fish
Ohio, CSN&Y
Fortunate Son, CCR

And since it's almost Turkey Day:
Alice's Restaurant, Arlo Guthrie

~EK

Anonymous said...

c'mon, #1 without a doubt...

"...then a big Turkey shell
knocked me arse over head.
and when I awoke
in me hospital bed,
and saw what it had done,
and i wished i were dead.
never knew there were worse things than dyin'..."

- "And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda"