Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Movie Quote Quiz

By TPerl

The following aren't the most memorable movie quotes, but ones that I personally find my myself quoting often for whatever reason. So I figured, why not make a game out of it here on "Rolling Bones". The only clues I'll give you is that each quote is from one of my favorite movies of all time, and each movie is only represented once.

1) “In fact, I was a member of the board when we drafted it, so quite the opposite.”

2) “Best damn chicken in the state.”

3) “Are we…black?”

4) “You overcook it, it defeats its own purpose.”

5) “I’m stayin’. I’m finishing my coffee.”

6) “He’s gone. And we couldn’t do nuttin’ about it.”

7) “No, thank you, I take it black, like my men.”

8) “I locate mandolin strings in the middle of Austin. I prize the rent out of the local Hebrews.”

9) “Why don’t you have the steak? Then maybe I can get a little surf-and-turf action.”

10) “Where’d you get this jacket?”


A shiny new donkey to whoever gets the most movies correct (extra points for naming the character and/or actor who said it). So I just want to wish you all good luck - We're all counting on you.

WARNING: ALL ANSWERS ARE NOW PROVIDED IN THE COMMENTS SECTION

5 comments:

D. Bones said...

Far be it from me to let anyone trump me on my own blog. So here are my answers, with no internet assistance:

1. Al Pacino's Ricky Roma in "Glengarry Glenross" desperately trying to hold his sale together

2. Aretha Franklin's character (Matt "Guitar" Murphy's old lady) in "The Blues Brothers"

3. Gene Wilder's The Waco Kid in "Blazing Saddles" upon his hung-over confusion when waking up to see a black sherrif in his cell

4. Hm...

5. Tip of my tongue...

6. Guy on the phone speaking to Robert Deniro in "Goodfellas" after Joe Pesci's Tommy gets whacked

7. Little girl in "Airplane!" ordering her coffee and bugging out little boy

8. Ian in "This is Spinal Tap" boasting of his under-appreciated value to the band.

9. Very familiar...

10. Sean Penn's Jeff Spicoli to NBC announcer in his pro surfing daydream in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"

Bonus: Leslie Neilson's Dr. Rumack in "Airplane!"

TPerl said...

Nicely done, Bones. Actually, I would have been shocked if you missed any of those.

For the remaining 3, I will give one clue - 2 of these three are actually spoken by the same actor

TPerl said...

Using your format, here are the others:
4) Robert Deniro's Jake Lamotta yelling at Cathy Moriarity's Mrs. Lamotta as she cooks him a steak for dinner in "Raging Bull".
5) John Goodman's Walter Sobchak after an exasperated Jeff Bridges' "The Dude" walks out on him after arguing at a diner in "The Big Lebowski".
9) Robert Deniro's Jack Walsh as he relaxes in the first class cabin of a plane with his captured fugitive, Charles Grodin's Jonathan "The Duke" Mardukas, in "Midnight Run."

Bones is the winner by default.

D-fault! D-fault! D-fault! Woo-hoo!

What fun! We should do this again.

Anonymous said...

Perl, i really can't believe that you left off, "Here...Sub Zero...Now...Plain Zero!"

- i assume you know who posted this

TPerl said...

I was hoping to get a good response to this so I could post a Part 2 - that would be a good one for next time.

You interested?