Friday, February 10, 2006

Whopper XL



I know I'm a little late to comment on the Super Bowl, so I'll dispense with any talk of the poorly played game, questionable officiating and Jerome "I'm from Detroit with a nickname playing off the size of my ass" Bettis.

What struck me were all those stylish black & white still photos of the players posing with the Lombardi Trophy. If I were a player before the game you couldn't pay me enough to even touch that thing. In hockey, some players wouldn't even dare look at the Stanley Cup before earning the right to drink from it the hard way. Instead, we get shots of Mike Holmgren and Matt Hasselback cradling it like a baby and jutting it into the air with their best Belichick/Brady impression. Think any of those Seattle guys have those pics stuck on their refrigerators at home?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Even if you're not really superstitious, there's gonna be someone on your team who is - so why would you want to fuck with their heads?
It's like putting on the condom before you even go to the bar. (Not that I'm one to talk about birth control)

-TPerl (aka Three-Perl)