Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Nutmeg Bones



According to Wikipedia (and who can doubt anything there), Connecticut has the highest per capita income and median household income in the country.
Sorry, Connecticut. I will be dragging you down some.
Yes, I have left the snarled roads of Central New Jersey for the Nutmeg State. And just in time, as it seems Jon Bon Jovi has taken up residence at the new Newark hockey arena. Actually, I have nothing against Bon Jovi as a person or a band. But David Bryan (Rashbaum)? Is it really OK to call this a haircut? I'm just asking.
Anyway, sorry for the long lag in posts. So much has happened while I've been packing and unpacking and smashing my fingers with hammers and cutting them on boxes and talking to Dell customer support people in New Delhi.
So I'll try to come up with something entertaining to write about this week while I continue to fiddle around the house and spend quality time with the Connecticut DMV.
Thanks for picking up the slack, Perl. I really have been out of it. Any idea who won the World Series this year?

3 comments:

TPerl said...

Congrats on the move. I hope you like NCAA women's basketball, since UConn is the big thing up there for sports fans. Especially since the Whalers left - actually, UConn was still the big thing back then, too.

And tell me if this was just my imagination, but when I worked in CT for several months a few years back, I ate in a lot of restaurants during that time, and I noticed that an inordinate number of dishes there seemed to use Gorganzola cheese. Why is Gorganzola cheese such a big deal up there? Maybe there's a connection to UConn basketball somehow. I smell a story here, and I ain't just talking about the cheese. Anyway, get back to me on this in a few months.

World Series? Yeah, no clue. I've been in off-season mode since October 9th.

Only 122 days till Spring Training!

arielle said...

It is hard to think of stuff to write here when you live with half the readership of this blog and can just as easily rant in person. Though now that we have two floors, maybe we can blog instead of trying to yell downstairs.

TPerl said...

I like to call the house phone from my cell and let it ring until my wife picks up.