Wednesday, June 04, 2008

And Then There's This



I'm a cynical idealist. I expect the worst in people, but deep down, I hope for the best. There has been little to hope for over the last seven or eight years and much reason to dispair. I have seen the future, brother. It is murder.

And though a president can't fix everything that's broken or likely do anything by himself, there is something to be said for inspiration. And integrity. And even though it's a cliche damn it: hope.

Take it from the little Jew who wrote the bible:

I've seen the nations rise and fall
I've heard their stories, heard them all
but love's the only engine of survival
Your servant here, he has been told
to say it clear, to say it cold:
It's over, it ain't going
any further

1 comment:

KHBirdman said...

I just hope and pray that he doesn't pick Hillary as VP or any high cabinet position. I'd let her rot in the senate.