Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Perl About Town

By TPerl



I'm not really sure how this happened, but I am currently in the midst of the most socially active four weeks of my life since college, it seems, and definitely since having kids.

Week 1 (Thursday, April 26th): Attend Yankee Stadium and see Phil Hughes medicore ML debut (and the Yanks lost)

Week 2 (Tuesday, May 1st): Attend MSG to see Rangers Game 4 in a luxury box

Week 3 (Saturday, May 5): Flew down to New Orleans for the day to attend my friend's bachelor party (which started Thursday). Highlights of the trip included Jazzfest (even though we could barely get near the stage for the Allman Brothers), the topless girl riding the mechanical bull, and the best part in my opinion was getting in to see Gov't Mule in a very small venue with a great up-close view (see picture above). Warren was solid, with the most interesting jam coming by way of Hunger Strike -> Dear Mr. Fantasy -> Hunger Strike.

Week 4 (beginning Friday, May 11): Vacation with the family in Holden Beach, NC. I know this isn't as impressive as the 3 events preceeding it, but trust me, try driving 8 hours with 3 kids in a minivan and then talk to me.

I know things will be back to normal soon. But right now, it's the Summer of Perl (in the Spring).


And for those of you who only perked up when reading the words "topless girl riding the mechanical bull", here's a picture for you. I edited it so as not to get Bones into any trouble, so don't complain you perverted little fucks!


No comments: